An exciting introduction to screenprinting's wonderful artistic possibilities.
6 weekly classes with Jane Sampson £220.00
Wed. 18th April - 23rd May 2018. 6.30 - 9.30pm
The course includes all materials and equipment except paper and large digital printouts (over A3).
If you have a gift voucher and you want to use it to pay for the course it is essential that you contact the studio to confirm your place.
or call 01273 691496.
Wednesday Evenings. 6.30pm. - 9.30pm.
This course is suitable for beginners and the more experienced who want to brush up on their skills, as well as those who want to use the workshop on an open access basis afterwards.
Individuals are encouraged to explore their own ideas. By making use of various approaches from simple paper stencils, to computer based photo stencils. It is possible to work with photographic imagery, hard edged graphic designs, painted marks, drawn marks, scanned drawings, and more.
The tutor advises on the methods most suitable for an individuals work. During the course the experience gained will help students to explore their own preferred methods for creating images in screenprinting.
Students are clearly guided step-by-step in how to use the facilities in the workshop at the Ink Spot Press. The majority of studio time is spent preparing stencils and working hands-on, creating prints with specialist equipment. it will be possible to create a number of different printed images of your own choosing. Small numbers mean that there is plenty of opportunity to taylor the teaching to each individuals interests within this diverse and versatile printmaking area.
Participants can expect to:
• Learn how to produce colourful interesting images from their own designs
• Experience many different, exciting stencil making techniques such as paper stencil, photographic stencils and hand painted stencils.
• Understanding which stencil making techniques are suitable for different effects/textures/images
• Gain confidence in setting up the screen, using the squeegee and hands-on experience of the studio’s screen printing equipment.
• Learn about the possibilities available through colour mixing, use of transparency and the overlaying of transparent or opaque layers.
• Learn how to register multiple colour layers to create your design.
The course includes all materials and equipment except paper and any large digital printouts (over A3)
60cm width inkjet printouts are charged at £12.50 per metre.
if you get the bug (be warned it is very addictive) there are inks and paper, screens and screen clamps etc. available for you to buy in the shop to take away to start a home setup. The course also prepares you to use the workshop afterwards on an open access basis.
Terms and conditions:
Bookings can be transferred or refunded only if we are given 10 days notice.
Occasionally courses may be cancelled if the bookings are not enough
to pay the tutor.